Monday, December 4, 2006

Who is Falling Next?

Yesterday, he fell sinking in his blood. What did he die for? Did his so called fatherly leader weep for him? Did his family consider him yet another martyr in the endless list of Lebanese martyrs? I wonder what made a 20 year old forget about his youth and love of life and focus on his so called shia right to exist...

I pity this land, this land of sectarian identification. This land of zaims and so called holy leaders. What is Tariq Jdeedeh and what is Dahiye? They are 2 adjacent neighborhoods and yet too distinct in ideologies that they were able to shed each others blood for a non-existent cause!

Why doesn't Nasrallah leave his hideout and for once in his life explain the reason behind his constant need for wars and hate and bloodshed? Why can't he explain what he hopes to achieve without calling everyone who had different opinions a traitor or a Zionist or an American or or?

Enough hate and self-serving agendas. Enough families taking their little kids to hateful demonstrations rather than educating them. Enough I am a shiite or a maronite or a sunni etc! Enough immigration and separations.

Live and love life as they posted on the billboards. Please, think about tomorrow for one time and stop making everyone of us bleed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogging world.
nice posts you wrote so far here, I think I will pass by the read them occasionally.

I noticed how much you are influenced with books and philosophic writings, Lebanon needs people like you now and after this time has passed.

I don't have my own blog but I browse around, this is one of my favorite blogs:
http://happyarab.blogspot.com

Hope to read you again.