Tuesday, December 5, 2006

The Intense People

The people's faces I see on the streets are different from what we as kids learned to read as busy or happy or sad etc. They seem as if they have replaced their complexions and bought angry expressions from the same bazaar.

I wonder where they found this intensity. They certainly are not intense enough to seek their right for a better living or a respectful entity.

Now, a few men who only a while ago were singing each other's praises are on bad terms and everyone is so spiteful that I want to stop and address them, "Buy a punch bag and vent your anger or you will start a fight any minute now."

I really have no problem with intensity. It is what gives color to life if it is channeled into a productive deed. If those people who are demonstrating in the thousands, would come together as they did in this massive sit-in and from groups that would clean up the destruction and organize appropriate clubs in their neighborhoods they would be at least alleviating their detoriorating position. Unfortunately, all they are accomplishing now is inciting hate, reaping havoc and making every Lebanese poor and desperate. But, as the french say, "Sing to an ass and he will fart in your face"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Normally I don't read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great post.

my page: http://nytimes626.com