Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Farewell!

The newly resurrected cafes in downtown are a huge hit. They are, apparently, attracting a huge turnout of "visitors/dwellers/occupiers". It is a first class family entertainment with extra arguileh smoke and foul language.

If I were one with a "holy cause", I would never go home and be reminded of the recent war and death. I would have a constant party, meet new people, and have a euphoric cult-like experience.

I recently asked a loyal arguileh demonstrator what his reasons were behind his sit-in and his reply was simply an unmentionable insult to the government. When I persisted, he said, " They should know we are shia and thus to be feared!". Nice, convincing answer, if you ask me. Nothing beats, " I am holy. Don't ask. I just am". Another line of thinking I like is the, " And didn't they do this or that?". Never support your claim, merely attacking the other side would take you places!

This is what we excel in best, attacks and counterattacks, slumber parties, resentments, blame-games, and sooner or later: farewell!

No comments: