Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What Did I Miss?

Today, I read this phrase on somebody’s msn, “ First the car, then the girl”. And I thought, “ Have we really reached rock bottom in every single aspect of our lives whether it is socially, economically or politically?”
How did we end up this way? Women not appreciating their minds, just looking for someone with some money to spend and if a husband comes along the way then why not?- Men, living on bread and water to get the “bling bling” car and buy a bottle of champagne in some club to be the “hunk of town”.

What did I miss??

Where is our culture? Why don’t we have a healthy relationship with ourself and others? Is it all hypocrisy now? Is our society this empty? Dealing with ourselves and the other people is a buy-sell package and the best marketing strategy is to put your display of false wealth on the dealing table to be reserved for the auction? Are we this afraid of the future that investing in “nurturing” a productive mind and channeling our money into a business is such a silly idea? Is the genius idea now to package an empty box with a golden gift wrap and fooling ourselves and others into thinking it is of value?
I am not trying to preach now, but in all honesty I do not understand what happened. Really, what is going on? Why is reading such a bad thing?? Why is seeing the world and learning from different cultures so bad? I have no conclusion for this because I do not know the real basis of this conception of fake grandiosity so I am just going to say, God help us…

4 comments:

Sam said...

apparently you've missed the whole essence of being lebanese! that's to live for the sake of others seeing you living.. it's the ultimate goal in life, the final destination that i wish someday you'd be able to reach it.. or maybe i dont! *roll*

..in case this was your 1st encounter with Lebanese ideologies.. WELCOME TO LEBANON!! ;)

Unknown said...

this is the end of a snob people, it was working fine when the lebanese people as rich
it still worked good enough when they were able to borrow and burry themselves with debts
but not anymore
now they look awful in this hypocrit way of covering themselves

Anonymous said...

This is a nice article the strategy is more useful to people If you are interesting visit the site marketing strategy

Anonymous said...

Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!
My site - buy cigarettes online