Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I am tired, truly tired

I am tired. It is getting too hard to keep the faith. The assassination of Walid Eido has not passed 2hours and already there is finger pointing to this side or that.
Just give us a break! The blood of the man and the others who died is still fresh and both political parties are trying to use his death to settle scores!!!!

Where is hate taking us? We are like a dune of sand eroded by the elements, only we are eating ourselves up... I just read a comment by a none other than a Lebanese saying that he is happy Eido died since he was playing cards in the July war!!!

Blame, revenge, hate, spite, the list goes on and on! The man is our countryman! Forget his and your political affiliation and mourn where we are going. Mourn how our country is losing its people through killings, wars, immigration, embezzlement, corruption, sectarianism and what say you.

I am truly tired. Tonight was supposed to be a night of candles and wine for me but I should have known that happiness is something of a rarity in this country. I should have prepared myself for a night in front of the TV set, listening to silly politicians speeches and feeling sorry for our lives that are being squeezed out of every hope of a better living...

8 comments:

Oracle LB said...

Keep the faith ya Nancy .. they want us to be tired, depressed, exhausted out of this country ..

It is hard to resist the temptation and not just leave everything behind and go away .. but its even harder to stay here and prove them wrong :)

I might be crazy, but i will never leave this country for assholes to rule ..

NancyD said...

I envy you,I truly do

Oracle LB said...

Well i havent done anything worthy mentioning yet, just holding now till i get back into real politics :)

You can be my consegliari :D

Anonymous said...

Thx for your comment on my blog

nice one too on your side

To come back on Eido, I am afraid that the end of lebanon is more close then ever and that the partition process has began.

However i ll try to remain here. I am fed up to live abroad.

So hopefully you got that day a candle and wine diner;) ?

hopefully hearing from you soon.


ps : joke: how to resolve all the lebanese problem and MP security ?

Just put all the Deputies in Roumieh :)

NancyD said...

I haven't had my candle lit dinner yet!!!
As for the joke, if it could be applied for real then it'll be great :)

N, consegliari huh? I am too important haha

tiredofthis said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog as well. I truly sympathize. It gets harder as more conflicts happen. There are much prejudices taking place. Sunnis vs Shias, pro-Hezbollah agendas, pro-Western agendas,anti-Syrians, even undertones of old archaic Arab prejudices against people of other ethnic origins. Which majority will prevail? Regardless, Lebanese culture will die if people allow themselves to be consumed by the past instead of learn from it.

Anonymous said...

Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Hey im fresh to this, I came upon this site I have found It very helpful and it has helped me alot. I should be able to give something back & guide other users like it has helped me.

Cheers, See You Around