Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The New Saints

As I was taking down the elevator this afternoon, a man addressed me by asking, " Isn't this nice?" ; he was talking about a lazer pen that reflects a picture of a political figure. Honestly, I was totally bewildered that the woman with him thought I was a foreigner and told him she doesn't understand you.

I am still bewildered. Now, those "zaims" are like saints that we carry along with us and light our way through their faces!! Call me naive, but are we this insecure in our own skin? Do a few war lords reign over our lives in every aspect and then invade our private homes and work places??

We seriously need a reality check. I am not saying that if x or y is a personal favorite of us then it is a problem but let us return them to their humane level so that they admit their realities and stop stepping all over our dignities and honor!

2 comments:

Sam said...

idolizing and even worshiping our leaders is a serious plague that all lebanese need to get rid of and to start thinking of what they're being told and question everything!!

you should see the many gadgets and accessories there exist for some of our leaders.. hilarious!!

but dont blame them for thinking that you are a foreigner, you look like one ;)

Unknown said...

it reminds me much of Hitler and Mussolini

we need to find out why the lebanese people is so fashist